UmC is currently running a new radio serial drama “Umurage season 4”. The new drama is being produced to educate the Rwandan population on issues related to
- COVID-19 and Hygiene
- Family planning
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS
- Sexual and Gender-based Violence, Malaria prevention
Umurage drama 4 has 104 episodes and will broadcast for 69 weeks, having started June 15, 2020. The drama is already on airwaves throughout the country on the partner radio stations. radio Rwanda and rebroadcast on other partner stations; City radio, Isango Star, and radio Izuba.
This is in partnership with The Global Fund through the Ministry of Health/ Rwanda Biomedical Centre (RBC), Population Media center- Backstrom Foundation, Swiss Cooperation, and other stakeholders.
This fourth season of Umurage drama follows the recently concluded “Umurage 3”, a 54 episode. During Season 3, “Umurage” addressed issues on:
1. Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV prevention
2. Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
3. Family planning and couple communication
4. Antenatal care and malaria Prevention
The official launching ceremony of Umurage season 4 was held June 24th, 2020 in Gasabo district,-Remera (Kigali).